Places of Interest and things to do near Park Farm Holidays Withern in Lincolnshire.
Boston and Grimsby are about forty minutes drive away and Lincoln a little more. Boston and Lincoln are both of considerable interest to tourists.
There are some thirty miles of sandy beaches around Lincolnshire, from Cleethorpes in the north through Donna Nook, where the sea may be too far out to see and mirages abound on hot days. The beach continues through Sutton on Sea, Huttoft Bank and Anderby Creek, where it is possible to spend a peaceful day, all very quiet up to Chapel St Leonards, where it gets more commercialised, through Ingoldmells and Skegness. Beyond Skegness, Gibralter Point Nature Reserve is of interest to serious bird watchers.
If you turn inland, instead of towards the coast, you are very soon in the Lincolnshire Wolds. They are a chalk hills running from South of Spilsby North to the Humber, with a highest point of 168 Metres (550 feet.) above sea level. Most of the Lincolnshire Wolds are designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There are hamlets consisting of one farm and two or three cottages and villages with one or two pubs, most of which do good reasonably priced food. Most weekends there is a motorcycle or car racing going on at Cadwell park.
However crowded the seaside towns may be, you can always find places in the Lincolnshire Wolds where you can imaging no one has ever been before.
- Alford Historic Market Town
- Alford Craft Market
- Alford Manor House
- Bathing Beauties Festival (September)
- Battle of Britain Museum at Coningsby
- Burgh le Marsh - Historic Market Town
- Donna Nook Seal Colony (Oct/Nov)
- East Kirkby Aviation Centre
- Gibraltar Point Nature Reserve near Skegness
- Gunby Hall House & Gardens (NT)
- Lincolnshire Wolds
- Loewen Cinema in Mablethorpe
- Louth - the Capital of the Lincolnshire Wolds
- Mablethorpe sea-side town
- Mablethorpe Queens Park
- Monksthorpe Chapel (NT)
- Maud Foster Windmill in Boston
- Old Bolingbroke Castle (ruins)
- Seal Sanctuary in Mablethorpe
- Somersby (Tennyson's birthplace)
- Skegness Church Farm Museum
- Snipe Dales - Woods/Picnics in the Lincolnshir Wolds
- Spilsby - Historic Market Town
- Sutton on Sea
- Wainfleet and Bateman's Brewery